Free Tees, Dr. Death and Other Pheasant Fest Happenings
Pheasants Forever’s Bob St.Pierre has a hard to top must-see list for this weekend’s National Pheasant Fest. So do I. While I likely won’t get to do them all (I am working, ya know), here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish at the show.
- Storm Reports – We’ll be posting video “Storm Reports” all weekend long from National Pheasant Fest, brought to you by Federal Premium Ammunition, the Official Ammunition of Pheasants Forever and makers of the all-new Prairie Storm pheasant loads (available summer 2010). “Storm Reports” will be posted here at the Pheasant Blog and also at Pheasants Forever’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pheasantsforever).
- Predators Rx – Don’t bring your pet coyote in for a checkup. The Coyote Doctors (think Kevorkian, not House) will be giving presentations on calling these wily predators. A pastime I’m just getting into; and I need a professional diagnosis.
- Classic Guns Rock – Parker Gun Collectors Association, at booth #642 and also a pair of seminar presentations, will be profiling classic American double guns. And I like looking at guns.
- Remington, Benelli, Beretta, Browning/Winchester, DPMS, booths etc. – Did I mention I like looking at guns?
- Free T-Shirt – Word on the street is that you can check out the new Prairie Storm pheasant load at Federal Premium booth #625 and pick up a free t-shirt to boot (limit of 1,000). But you didn’t hear that from me…
- Makin’ Acres – Since my parents will be taking in the event this year, I’d like to go through the Landowner Habitat Help Room with my dad and see where we could add a few acres of habitat on the family farm.
- Snows & Toms – If you’re like me and the spring snow geese & tom turkey dates are coming up fast on the calendar, snooping around for some deals on the show floor might not be a bad idea. Maybe back to the Federal Premium booth for a look at the Black Could Snow Goose load. And maybe a visit with an outfitter or two.
- National Pheasant Fest 2010 Banquet – At Pheasants Forever’s 25th Anniversary in Saint Paul, I took in the evening banquet with my parents and Pheasants Forever colleagues Bob St.Pierre and Mike Traxinger. Now a law student at Drake, “Trax” will be back volunteering for “The Habitat Organization” this weekend. Could be déjà vu all over again. I wonder if Yogi will be in attendance????
Tags: Black Cloud, Coyote Doctors, Federal, Federal Premium, Federal Premium Ammunition, National Pheasant Fest, Parker Gun Collectors Association, Pheasant Fest, Pheasants, pheasants forever, Prairie Storm
Leave a Reply