S.D. Governor’s Pheasant Habitat Summit is Dec. 6
I look forward to participating in the Governor’s Pheasant Habitat Summit in Huron, South Dakota on Friday, Dec. 6. Gov. Dennis Daugaard is hosting the summit to provide a forum for landowners, sportsmen, members of the tourism industry and other interested individuals to learn about the current state of pheasant habitat in South Dakota. The summit will include panel discussions and public input as a means to explore ways to maintain and enhance pheasant habitat. The event will take place at the Crossroads Convention Center in Huron.
The Governor’s Pheasant Summit is open to the public and pre-registration is required. Individuals may register online here. Information and registration is also available by calling the Game, Fish and Parks Department at 605.773.3387.
- 9:00am: Welcome / Emcee – Jeff Vonk, Secretary, South Dakota Dept. of Game, Fish and Parks
- 9:20am: History of Pheasants in South Dakota – Tony Leif, Wildlife Division Director, SD GFP
- 9:50am: South Dakota Land Use Change – Dr. Barry Dunn, Dean, SDSU College of Ag & Bio
- 10:20am: Modern Agricultural Production – Bruce Knight, Strategic Conservation Solutions, LLC
- 10:50am: Conservation Policies – Dave Nomsen, VP of Governmental Affairs, Pheasants Forever
- 11:20am: Pheasant Hunting & Tourism – Jim Hagen, Secretary, SD Dept. of Tourism
- 11:50am: Audience Questions / Panel Discussion
- 12:30pm: Break for lunch
- 1:00pm: Working lunch/small group discussions
- 2:15pm: Small groups adjourn
- 2:45pm: Findings of small group discussions
- 3:30pm: Wrap-up and Next Steps
- 4:00pm: Adjourn
The D.C. Minute is written by Dave Nomsen, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever’s Vice President of Governmental Relations.
One Response to “S.D. Governor’s Pheasant Habitat Summit is Dec. 6”| |
Leave a Reply