Posts Tagged ‘pheasant tattoos’
Tuesday, June 28th, 2011
I was doing some research this afternoon about our blog’s traffic. Of particular interest to me were the terms folks used in search engines before landing at www.PheasantBlog.org or at www.QuailBlog.org. It may sound like a dry topic, but I’ve found the results both fascinating and hilarious . . . of course I’ve been called odd before.
Here’s the list of key words that intrigued me:
- October 2011: I’ve gotta believe folks are in a perpetual search to find open days to hunt roosters this autumn because “October 2011″ is running away from the field as the most searched term.
- Pheasant Tattoos: Nothing says commitment like body ink. Take a look at the tat commitment of PF member Mark Garry for example.
- Chipmunks: As odd as it may seem, these little BB gun targets are crushing the search term field at www.QuailBlog.org. In fact, Andrew’s “Open Apology to Chipmunks” is the most frequently visited QF blog of all time.
- Tiffany Lakosky: Turns out being an attractive, well-spoken, female hunter and Outdoor Channel personality can build up a following. The fact she’s also the owner of the world shed dog hunting champion doesn’t hurt her search engine results either.
- Bird Dog Names: I’ve sort of made a name for myself in PF’s blogosphere as a dog name aficionado. I doubt that I deserve the distinction, but it is one of my favorite conversations amongst fellow hunters, members and dog owners.
- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever: You may find this hard to believe, but of all the bird dog breeds out there, the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever is the most searched breed before landing at www.PheasantBlog.org. Is there a secret someone’s not telling me?
- How to Hunt Pheasants without a Dog: Taking the cake as the most often searched phrase (rather than single word or term). It turns out there are a bunch of folks interested in bagging roosters, but lack the assistance of canine companionship. Check out my top tips to success as a dogless pheasant hunter.
What about you? Do you frequently visit our blog page or did a search engine term lead you here?
Monday, May 10th, 2010
Some people think they look trashy, but there’s no denying tattooing is an art gaining in popularity. My unscientific research says 1 in every 5 or 6 Americans has one. Personally, I find most tats more creative than any “Andy Warhol.”
We profiled a pheasant tattoo a few years back in Pheasants Forever’s On the Wing eNewsletter. The latest find comes from Mark Garry, a native South Dakotan and Pheasants Forever Rooster Booster member now living in the Twin Cities area. This new addition to his “wing” will be fully completed in June.
Anyone else have a pheasant or Pheasants Forever tattoo? If so, send us an image(s) at email@example.com and we’ll compile them in an upcoming online photo gallery. And please note: barbed-wire tattoos only accepted if part of an actual fence line depiction.